Waterproof makeup is essential to keep your foundation, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick in place while you enjoy your day at the beach. The waterproof makeup contains silicon which makes it a little difficult to remove the makeup. Caution should be observed while removing waterproof makeup as it can leave behind acne or pimples. Here are a few tips to remove waterproof makeup.
1. Use natural makeup remover
Makeup removers are available in wide range in market. Buy only branded removers as they are less harmful to skin and are effective in removing makeup.
2. Use olive oil to remove your makeup
Olive oil will easily remove your makeup from your skin and eyes. It wonât let your skin dry after removing makeup and keep it soft. Dab some olive oil on cotton pad and gently remove the makeup from eyelashes and face. Wash face with gentle cleaner and apply mild moisturizer according to your skin type.
3. Use petroleum jelly
Another amazing product which you can use to remove makeup is petroleum jelly. Apply some jelly on face and eyelashes and wait for 2-3 minutes. Take a cotton pad and remove the makeup. Wash face with gentle face wash or cleaner and apply moisturizer.
4. Use body lotion
You can use Vaseline body lotion, any moisturizer or moistened wipes which you use daily for your skin to remove your makeup. Apply it on your face and eyelashes. Remove using cotton pad.
5. Use baby oil
Baby oil is said to be one of the best makeup removers. Dab some oil on cotton pad. Gently remove the makeup with this. If your skin is oily, wash your face with good cleanser and then apply moisturizer.
6. Use Pondâs cold cream
Apply some cold cream on your face, lips and eyelashes and leave for 4-5 minutes. Take a cotton pad and gently remove the makeup. Wash face with mild cleanser and then apply moisturizer.
1. Always remove your makeup very gently. Skin near eye is very sensitive, take great care when removing eye makeup.
2. Do not stretch the skin, it will cause irritation and skin near eye will fall down.
3. Always try to use products which suit your skin, as some products can cause allergy or irritation to skin.
4. After removing makeup, clear the face with toner to remove any left traces of oil or makeup.