9 Changes you should make to stop acne from recurring
Acne is the most common skin problem. Lifestyle choices or even bad habits can lead to acne. There is no permanent solution for acne but a few handy tips can stop acne from recurring. A little change in your daily habits and your skin care routine can be the starting point. Here is how you should go about it.
Changes in skin care routine
1. Maintain a clean face
The first and foremost step in treating acne is to maintain a clean face without any dirt, makeup, oil or bacteria. Germs and bacteria may stay in the minute pores of the face, thereby causing acne. Since any of the acne treatment will be effective only on a clean face, it is vital to wash the face with lukewarm water 2 times a day using a very mild cleanser that is formulated for sensitive skin. One may also use soaps that have buckthorn oil. These are great for nourishing and cleaning the face.
2. Wash hair
As dandruff occurrence in the hair may trigger acne, it is crucial to wash the hair at least 3 times a week. This keeps the hair clean.
3. Do not pop the pimples
Never pop the pimples. This action may spread the bacteria to all the other parts of the face, which may cause lots of acne and acne scars on the face.
4. Maintain hygiene
It is also important to change the pillow covers regularly.
5. Ample rest
Sleeping 8 hours a day is very essential for treating several skin problems. Inadequate sleeping habits may create some imbalances in the hormones. This may be a major cause for acne.
6. Balanced diet
One should eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water in order to maintain a glowing skin. Intake of plenty of water may help the digestive system to flush out the toxins, thereby preventing acne. Eating food that is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and zinc helps a lot in preventing acne. Intake of fruits, vegetables, spinach, all kinds of berries, broccoli, melons, cabbages, fish, whole grains, yogurt, nuts, bananas, milk and poultry may help in maintaining a squeaky clean skin.
7. Physically active
Being physically fit also helps to get rid of acne. Exercising for 30 minutes a day removes the toxins from the body through sweat. This may help reduce acne formation.
9. Tea tree oil and other medications
Many people use tea tree oil for acne. The antibacterial property of the tea tree oil destroys the germs and bacteria that cause pimples or acne. Tea tree oil can be applied in the form of creams or gels. Actimine and Acuzine are well known acne medications which clear acne from inside the body. These are pills that treat acne effectively. They are believed to balance the deficiencies in the diet and normalize the functions of the body that causes acne.
Quick home remedies for acne
1. One can apply the paste of natural ingredients such as cucumber, orange skin, cinnamon and honey, neem, lemon and pomegranate, sandalwood and turmeric, etc.
2. Lemon juice and milk is very effective in treating acne. This mix can also be modified as lime juice and rose water paste.
3. Fenugreek paste or lemon juice on the face as an overnight acne treatment.
4. Mint leaves are effective in removing acne and acne scars. A paste of mint leaves and turmeric powder does wonders in treating acne.
5. Fruits such as tomatoes, papayas, apples are also effective when applied on the face.
6. Garlic cloves and onion are also used to treat acne.
7. Aroma oils such as lavender oil, rosewater, or ice cubes may help soothe the pain due to acne.
8. Juice of wheat grass can also help in treating acne if taken regularly.
9. âMultani mittiâ is a green clay that is wonderful for treating the acne and acne scars. One can apply the paste of this green clay and yogurt on the affected area every day.
10. Mild scrubbing of the face with green gram flour also helps in treating acne issues.
11. Powdered oat, gram flour, orange and lime juices are also effective in treating acne.