Whenever we need a beauty treatment like a facial, most of us directly head to an expensive beauty parlor. Little do we realize that in order to look good and keep our skin glowing, it is not always necessary to spend on costly beauty treatments. Just have a peep into your kitchen and you will find numerous simple things that can add a sparkle to your skin without having you to spend even a penny. Out of these small items, one simple and most commonly available item is yogurt. Yogurt is found in almost all houses and the best part about it is that you can even use it after it is spoiled. So, next time if your yogurt has expired and you donât feel like eating it, do not throw it right away. It can still prove a boon for your skin. A few daysâ spoiled yogurt will not smell bad and its application is very simple. It can revitalize your skin and make it glow.
Complexity Level: Easy
Time required: 20 minutes
Estimated cost: It is free of cost since you are using materials that are already available in your house.
- 1 cup spoiled yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup cucumber (blended)
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Apply it all over your face. If you want, you can even apply it over your body.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Enjoy a fresh, moisturized and glowing skin.
Frequently asked questions:
How to make yogurt mask for summer?
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 slice of kiwi (crushed)
- Mix all the items together.
- Apply the mask on face, neck and other parts of the body.
- Let it stay for half an hour.
- Wash off only with warm water.
- Your skin will become fresh and the mask has a very regenerating, cleansing and toning property which is suitable for the summer season.
How to prepare a regenerating mask using yogurt?
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp of yeast
- Mix both the yogurt and yeast properly.
- Apply this mask as a lotion and massage gently.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with plain water.
- The mask provides a lot of nourishment to the skin and is very good for those people who have lines and wrinkles.
- It is not necessary to use only spoiled yogurt as a face mask. You can very well use the fresh yogurt.
- Yogurt if mixed with one teaspoon of sugar and massaged gently on the face can act as a very good exfoliant.
- Use yogurt mask a day before your special event and it will add a glow to your skin.
- Yogurt is even good for curing pimples. Apply plain yogurt directly to your face and leave it for 10 minutes before washing it off.
- Yogurt gives great shine to your hair too. Apply it and leave for 30 minutes before washing with a shampoo. Adding honey and cocoa powder can give your hair additional color and nourishment.
- Yogurt can also cure sunburns.