Homemade beauty products can do wonder to your skin because of the natural ingredients used and absence of harmful chemicals. One of the beneficial home beauty treatments is orange peel face mask, which tones and brightens the skin. It also helps you to get rid of tan, makes you look fresh, radiant & young and balances the skin color. Orange peel mask helps remove dead skin cells, lifts dirt from the pores and stimulate collagen production. It absorbs the excess oil present in the skin, hence reducing the greasy look. Try these simple steps to make orange peel face mask at home.
3. Milk/Water/ Rose water
4. Sandal Powder
5. Semolina (Optional)
1. Make orange peel powder
Peel some oranges, spread those peels in sun, and allow them to dry completely. Once the peels are properly hard and dried, grind them into powder using a mixer. Store the powder in an airtight container.
2. Make Orange peel scrub
Mix one or two tablespoon of orange peel powder with equal quantity of milk, and sandal powder. You can mix equal amount of semolina as well. Mix all of them using a whisk or fork until it forms a paste.
3. Apply the orange peel face mask
Apply the paste on your face and neck, except eyelids and lips; keep it there for 30 minutes. Once the face mask has dried, wash off with water and a soft cloth.
Frequently asked questions
1. Question. After using the face mask, do I have to take any precautions?
Answer. No, once you remove the facemask with water, you are ready with a fresh look. You do not require any other make up or precautions.
2. Question. To remove the face mask, do I have to use hot water?
Answer. No, you should use normal water. In fact, never warm water on your face.
1. You can also use mixer to form the paste of the ingredients
2. Do not throw the left orange peel powder; store it in an airtight container.
Things to watch out for
1. If you are prone to acne, mix water or rose water instead of milk.
2. Do not scrub your skin with the face mask it could damage the skin.
3. Do not use this face mask if you are allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned above.
4. Leave the orange peels under sun for 24 to 48 hours.