Organic hairstyles or more accurately, organic ponytails are the best options for women who are always on the run and misplace things at the hour of need. Organic hairstyle is nothing but a ponytail worn without an elastic or a hair band. They are very much in style this season and are also known as single or double knots. These ponytails can be worn in a number of ways depending on how long or curly or straight your hair is. Hair texture counts a lot when you do an organic hairstyle. Hereâs how you can achieve the organic effect on your hair to make a fashionable hair statement. This is also one of the most casual hairstyles which you can adorn while you are at home or rushing out to the supermarket.
Complexity level: Easy
Time required: 5-6 minutes
Remember that an organic hairstyle can be done even without any of the things mentioned below if you want to achieve a completely casual look without much effort.
Spray in mousse
1. First leave your hair open and comb your hair lightly with your fingers or with a comb if available. This will leave your hair neat and straight for the procedure.
2. With your palm, slick back your hair form the front and take two thick chunks of hair from both the sides, about an inch in diameter.
3. Bring it to the back of your head towards the middle. The higher you take the hair, the higher you organic ponytail will be.
4. Now pull the two chunks of hair up and holding both in between your fingers, smoothen the hair which is underneath using your other hand. This is to ensure that this part does not get entangled with the two chinks while you tie it.
5. Tie both the chunks to a simple knot as you would tie your shoelace, before you make a bow.
6. Pull the knot tightly so that the strands are not loose and come apart. Holding both the ends pulled tight, slowly bring the ends down and take it underneath the remaining part of your hair.
7. You now have to tie another knot underneath your hair. This is a bit difficult for beginners as the hair will slip from your hands initially. A better way to do this is to take the ends underneath and with your other hand and push the ponytail part of your hair towards one side, over your shoulders, to the front.
8. This will leave your neck free from hair stands that can get entangled. Now tie the knot under the hair. Follow it up with 3-4 knots until you have reached the end of the hair.
9. To keep the knots from untying, twist the knotted hair in your hand and take it through one of the top knots and pull it firmly down. This will ensure that the knot remains firm without opening.
10. Now you can pull your ponytail back from the front and leave it open and well balanced.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can an organic ponytail be made more fashionable?
Yes, for a fashionable organic ponytail suitable for all seasons, especially the summer months when you want your neck to be free from messy and sweaty hair;
a. Comb your hair and part your hair into two sections at the back. You may use a spray in mousse to keep the knot firm.
b. Now tie a simple knot high or low as per your need. This is a single knot. Place a bobby pin at the back to hold the knot in place.
2. Can organic ponytail be tried on medium length hair?
Yes, but this would be a single knot with much less volume for your ponytail. You might need more bobby pins to hold the knot in place.
Place another knot over the first if you want a double knot and place the bobby pin at the back. Use your hair dryer attain a dishevelled look or a hair spray for a neater look.